Crack Meters from Specto Technology
Specto Technology is your one source for crack meters and joint meters (linear displacement transducers) and is proud to provide you with:
- Crack meters – sales, rentals and support
- Customized training for you and/or your subcontractors. Click here to view a list of training classes.
- Best-in-class hosted data solutions to keep your data moving wirelessly from the field to your fingertips
- Exceptional customer service and support
Crack meters and joint meters are used to monitor movement across surface cracks and joints in concrete, rock, soil and other structures. The device is essentially a linear displacement transducer with anchors and ball joints. It is a good crack width & depth meter gauge. Depending on your application, you may choose between sensors that use electrical or vibrating wire sensing technologies.
This linear displacement transducer is typically installed by grouting the two anchors in drill holes on either side of the crack or joint. When the crack or joint opens or closes, the movements will be converted into electrical or frequency signals that can be read with a readout unit or datalogger.
- Available output options include 4-20mA, voltage or frequency (vibrating wire)
- Choice of 5 different ranges between 0.25 and 6 inches (10-150mm)
- Comes with built-in 3K ohm thermistor temperature sensor
- For vibrating wire model the accuracy is better than 0.5% of full scale
- For electrical model the accuracy is better than 0.3% of full scale (depending on range)
- Stainless steel body
- This linear displacement transducer is compatible with WASP and Campbell Scientific dataloggers