String Potentiometers from Specto Technology
Specto Technology is your one source for String Potentiometers and is proud to provide you with:
- String Potentiometer – sales, rentals and support
- Customized training for you and/or your subcontractors. Click here to view a list of training classes.
- Best-in-class hosted data solutions to keep your data moving wirelessly from the field to your fingertips
- Exceptional customer service and support
The string potentiometer is composed of a measuring cable, a spring loaded spool and a rotational potentiometer. The stainless steel measuring cable is wound on the precision machined spool that turns as the cable extends or retracts. The device converts the linear movement of the cable into rotation and then into an electrical signal proportional to the movement.
String potentiometers, also known as displacement potentiometers, are durable, easy to install, simple to use and inexpensive. They may be used to monitor displacements during pile load tests or to monitor movements across cracks and joints. They may be easily read by most dataloggers.
We carry stock of TE Connectivity (Celesco/Measurement Specialties) stringpot models SP3‑4 and SPD‑4‑3. Same-day shipping or pickup is available!
In Stock for Quick Delivery!
- Available with 4-20mA, 5VDC or voltage divider output
- Choice of 4 different stroke ranges (4.75, 12.5, 25, & 50-inches)
- Accuracy of 0.25% to 1% of full scale (depending on range)
- Easy to install
- Free release tollerant
- Cable tension up to 7 oz
- Polycarbonate enclosure comes with handy stainless steel mounting bracket
- Compatible with WASP and Campbell Scientific dataloggers