Piezometers from Specto Technology
Specto Technology is your one source for piezometers and pore water pressure recording devices. We are an independent vendor who provides a wide-array of best-in-class products from manufacturers all throughout the world. We are proud to provide you with:
- Piezometers from Geokon, Sisgeo and San Lien
- Vibrating Wire/Electrical Resistance Piezometer sales and support
- Customized training for you and/or your subcontractors. Click here to view a list of training classes.
- Best-in-class hosted data solutions to keep your data moving wirelessly from the field to your fingertips
- Exceptional customer service and support
We stock Piezometers. Same-day shipping or pickup is available!
- Piezometers (electrical resistance or vibrating wire) are designed for accurate and long term pore water pressure measurement in fully or partially saturated soil and rock.
- Both Vibrating Wire or Electrical Piezometers are robust, have excellent long term stability and can be used with long cable lengths without any signal degradation.
- The piezometer comprises a porous filter tip element (high or low air entry) integral with a diaphragm type pressure transducer.
- A cable connects the transducer to a read-out, terminal unit or data-logger and the data is then recorded and converted to engineering units.
- Piezometers are installed in different ways depending on the application and soil condition. Typically, they are installed in fully grouted boreholes (or surrounded by a sand filter) at the desired depth (a bentonite plug may be formed above the sand filter, if present, and the remainder of the borehole is filled with a bentonite-cement grout).
- Electrical resistance sensors output mA signal
- Vibrating wire sensors output frequency signal
- Small diameter devices, accurate and small with excellent long term stability
- Accuracy unaffected by cable length
- Fast response to pressure changes
- Manufactured from high grade stainless steel for extended operation
- Over-voltage surge arrestor fitted to protect against electrical damage
- Hermetically sealed, ensures long working life of the instruments
- Advanced designs prevents case stresses from affecting readings
- Compatible with WASP and Campbell dataloggers for easy automation
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Measuring slope stability
- Safe placement rate of fill or excavation
- Design and build for lateral or uplift pressures or buoyancy
- Monitoring the performance of earth-fill dams and embankments
- Monitoring groundwater, seepage and verify models of flow
- Monitor surface water run-off and water levels at contaminated sites, etc.