SHARK® Classic Series gel insulated joints can be used to make straight connections on 0.6/1 kV single or multicore low voltage cables with up to four cores.
- Thanks to the greater space available inside the joint, the versions without terminal blocks are suitable for the straight connection of single-core cables, and for the connection and insulation of electronic boards and components.
- The versions with terminal block allow the straight connection with double insulation of cables with up to five cores and are available with tin-plated aluminum connectors for copper-copper, aluminum-aluminum, and copper-aluminum connections on request.
- Compliant with CEI EN 50393 standard for low voltage joints
- Self-extinguishing in accordance with EN 60695-2-11 standard
- Low smoke and toxic gas emission in accordance with CEI 20-37/2-1 and CEI 20-37/4 standards
- Protection level: equivalent to IPX8 (CEI EN 60529) tested in water at a depth of one metre (CEI EN 50393 par. 8.6.3)
- No accidental contact with live parts: the cable ties supplied prevent the reopening of the joint without the use of tools, as required by CEI 64-8 standard
- Operating temperature: -20° C to 90° C
- Compliant with directive 2011/65/UE (RoHS 2)
- 6 sizes for use with a wide range of cables
- No expiry date
- Ready to use
- No resin mixing and casting
- Usable immediately
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Good mechanical resistance
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Straight connections of single and multicore cables with up to 5 cores
- Versions without terminal blocks: insulation of joints on multi-paired telecommunications cables and insulation of electronic boards and components
- Installation in cable ducts, underground, overhead, or underwater
- Street lighting systems